Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 32 - Month 1 Wrap-Up

Bill W. says you can't get better until you hit rock bottom. Well, this weekend I fell off the wagon and fell hard. And, as you might guess, after dinner on Sunday I had a headache, felt like I was going to throw up and was slugish in my movement and thinking. I hit rock bottom.

ANYWAY, I'm not going to dwell on that. I've spent too much of this blog talking about ways I screwed up. Just know I'm on the straight and narrow now.

Instead I do want to highlight my accomplishments up until this weekend:
  • no soda
  • no beer
  • no fast food
  • no candy
  • no ice cream
  • 3 pickle spears total (I could kill a jar in a day)
  • a dozen olives total (I eat these like popcorn)
  • no hot dogs
  • no pizza
  • no chinese
  • no microwave crap-food
  • no spiced meats (love salami, pepperoni and summer sausage)
  • no pork
  • no potato chips
  • no potato salad
  • no cookies, cupcakes, cake or pie
  • daily fruit
  • daily vegetables
  • daily carbs
  • 2 to 3 large nalgenes of water / day
  • daily exercise
  • rarely overslept
  • cooked most of my meals
I'm proud of that, and maybe my muscles aren't where they should be because I am sick of egg whites or neglected my abs. Whatever, moving forward is still moving forward.

4 comments:

  1. It's better to hit bottom on Day 30 than Day 70. It's all up from here. Eat those eggs man! They don't have to be unpalatable.

    http://peakconditionproject.blogspot.com/2008/06/day-77-how-to-eat-5-egg-whites-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list is long, and really impressive, and since I stole ( borrowed, and wouldn't you based on how sandra now looks in her new movie trailers :) your inspiration, might do this exercise myself. In fact, I think we all should. As the days tick by, and our new habits are becoming norms, it is normal to have some slippage.
    You have done amazing things in a ONE month...more to come and again, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that list is nothing to sneeze at! I was watching Supersize Me today and based on what I saw, you're doing better than like 90% of the American population!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always focus on your accomplishments. Sometimes they give you an extra boost when you need it.

    ReplyDelete