Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 38 - Eggs

Look, I know they are little pockets of protein and I know all of this muscle work is just making me ropey and scrawnier with out them, but ten eggs a day? One-zero, TEN. That is a lot of eggs man. No matter how much mustard, wasabi or sriracha you dump on them. It's a lot of eggs. If someone were to ask me what the #1 challenge of the PCP was it wouldn't be floorjumps, it wouldn't be pistol squats, it wouldn't even be planks or bicycles - all of which I hate - it would be eating eggs all damn day.

New picture, reflecting my days of missing upper body workout and skipping too many eggs. I'm stronger based on the reps I can do now, but it isn't showing. And still not feeling that miracle energy boost yet. Maybe the caffeine restrictions Patrick just imposed will help with that. See also, getting enough sleep.

Okay, done venting, time to finish this chapter and hit the basement for today's workout. And by venting I mean bitching about minor stuff. I mean, my biggest problem is I have to eat eggs? Really? What is it about the blog format that takes minor things and blows them out of proportion? Sheesh. :)

3 comments:

  1. You sure are hard on yourself man, just put your Day 2 and Day 38 pictures side by side. Everything looks just about right for a PCPer less than halfway through.

    Are you getting enough sleep? The fittest body in the world will be low-energy if it isn't getting enough sleep.

    If it helps, think of the eggs as medicine, not food. Keep going bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of freakin eggs! You are a champ for eating them all! I'll trade your ropy for some of my squishy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had similar feelings about my progress mid-PCP as well. Just keep up all the hard work and by the time you get to Day 90 you'll blow yourself away with your progress.

    ReplyDelete