Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 41 - Stress

Different people have different stress responses. A lot of people turn to food. I forget to eat. Two days in a row things have been silly enough at work that I've looked at the clock and said "crap it's noon".

Skipped the jump rope because I walk / jog /sprinted with Daisy for nearly three miles today.

Going to bed early to make up for staying up past midnight yesterday.

Made a decision at work today, things will get done when they get done. I have overworked myself to meet unreasonable deadlines since I got the job in January and set that as my co-worker's expectation. Now I need to stop rushing because that has reset the deadlines to where a rush job is a normal job. Not trying to whine, I'm lucky to have a job. I am just trying to be more assertive and mindful of what is important to me.

So, bed now.

Also, v-sits still suck. Bicycles too, but I think I am doing them wrong, my legs feel it way more than my abs.

3 comments:

  1. yep, today's pro tip says not to let your back touch the chair. i was doing them wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way it is good that you forget to eat when stressed. Definitely much better than most of us who would start looking for food. This work thing is very tricky and very difficult to strike a balance. All the best with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That burn in your legs is your illio-psoas muscle and even if it's not the intended target muscle it's a great thing to strengthen in general. The bicycle form is tough to master, that's why it's a relatively rare exercise in this program

    ReplyDelete