Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 53 - Natural Born Procrastinator

I procrastinate, that's what I do. I put off my workouts, eating, work and school.

I am, right this instant on a two hour break from working on my final project for a master's degree I started in 2002. My advisor finally gave me a "have something to me by X" date and I had to take two days off to get it to him. So I'm home, in my PJs getting it done.

The worst part is I just wrote 3024 words in two hours. A lot of it was based off of earlier papers and research, but still. I've sat on this thing for 5 years (when I was coursework complete) and I got what W|A tells me is 13 pages done in two hours. Now is no time to gloat, that's just the introduction and the theory application will be a pain, but I'm moving.

So, time to take this little break, let the dog use the bathroom, check the mail, knock back some tuna and carbs and then get back to work. Maybe I'll sneak in some extra abs work while I'm at it. One thing I will not be doing today? Limiting my coffee. Sorry Patrick, I know it is toxic and destroying me but when I hit that 4pm slump I will enjoy a tall cup. At least it isn't a big cup of bacon fat, right?

The worst worst worst feeling about procrastination is how good it feels when you finally stop sitting on the couch and turn the doing dial up a notch.

I could go on and on about discount rates and brain chemistry and why that feeling is so easy to forget, but I'm on a short break here and don't want to lose that momentium. So, I've been reading everyone's blogs just not commenting, keep it up, you're all rockstars. Anshuman, I know that frustration - I'm still losing weight - but don't let it get to you, just let it fuel you workout. Alright, got to go

No comments:

Post a Comment