Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 14 - back on track

Wow. Exercising at night sucks. Patrick is right, my body was telling me it prefers the morning and I should listen to that. It was really difficult to get the motivation to start and by the time I finished I was eating at 8:30 at night. Also, it was the worst jumprope day for me yet, I felt like I caught my foot 2,345,966,589 times. And it didn't help that after two 100-sets my feet hurt like I was running a barefoot marathon on coals and broken glass.

I did learn a little about effort though. I had this feeling that the band I was using for the ovations and the rows was too weak, and I asked Patrick if I should bump up and risk not finishing my reps or stay low. He pointed out that standing farther away would provide more resistance. Duh. So I got inspired by Jimmy's work out rage, and just to see I stepped farther away with a band two levels up from what I used up until now. And completed every rep. So, I guess I'm getting stronger and/or need to quit thinking of myself as unable to do these things.

So, steak dinner and a good night's sleep and I got up and did the jumpropes. I like these week-ending days where all we do is jump. A nice break from the action.

Thinking of what E said about eating, today I had to scamper to the library right before my snack time and didn't end up eating my plum until an hour later. I ate it like I was a viking, juice dribbling down my chin like a crazy person and facing the window so my officemates wouldn't notice. Ahh, PCP = the good life.

3 comments:

  1. Good on you, Mike. Yeah, I'm a big fan of the early morning workout. In fact, I haven't worked out in the evening yet. I got up at 5:00 A.M. today to do mine. It's a great time to be awake and alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of hiding your snack eating, slowly and smugly take a bite and let the juices dribble down your chin and hiss, "I'm getting heallllthy." jk

    I'm loving the end of week jumps too. I like that you experiment with your resistance bands and exercise times. Those are good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better plum juice than hamburger grease.

    ReplyDelete