Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 23 - I got so many grams to get through I feel like a coke dealer

Woah, weekends are killer. I have zero routine on the weekends, which will kick my but in exactly three days when class starts. We have homework due on the first day of class. I'm going to repeat that, because it bears repeating. We have a (short) paper due on the first day of class. If I don't figure out a way to spend the weekend not sleeping late and being lazy that will be a problem for sure.

Anyway, this sleeping in has jacked my food all around today, I am sitting down with my list of foods for the day trying to figure out how to eat 2/3rds of them in two hours. I'm sure that is way bad, but skipping the meals is worse. Anshuman, you got to not worry about the weight. I'm losing weight, but also losing power. The shoulder exercises were harder today than so far, I think because I was sloppy about my grams yesterday. I guess I need the kcals to build this muscle, it's just hard to stay on top of. People react to stress differently, most it seems choose to eat. I'm the opposite. Without the routine of the workday I can easily look at a clock and realize I haven't eating anything in 8 hours.

On the plus side I avoided a dozen temptations while shopping today. I had cravings for everything. Mozzerella sticks, salami, soda, pizza rolls. If it was crap I wanted it. I will confess I had a Milky Way on the belt for about 20 seconds thinking no one would know but me. Then, shaking my head, I thought "What the [bloopity bloop] am I doing here?" and put the candy bar back. I'm sure I must of looked like a health nut scolding myself over one candy bar and having a belt full of organic veg and fruit. Whatever, there's worse things to look like.

Great posts from everyone, and thanks for the comments when I was in the dumps last week everyone. E, glad to read the jumps are getting easier. I took my shoes off today and they were WAY easier, maybe something to try. Amy, keep going and we'll get through this, yesterday sounded wonderful for you. Jessica, could you suspend a bar with some rope? That's what I did in my basement and it worked great. Good luck on week three everyone, and now I need to eat and maybe read some.

Oh, real quick, here is a tip, I get tired of yogurt just on it's own. But I do love the tzatziki sauce they put on gyros. So I started making a halfway version by dumping dill in my greek yogurt servings. It's not bad at all. Maybe I'll chop up some cukes to make it more authentic.

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed almost everyone has a weird junk-food craving period about one month in. I don't know why, but your email tomorrow will nip it in the bud. You're doing good man, with your skeletal structure you'll be freakin ripped if you can get those grams in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, screw the sleeping in. Set your alarm, place your clock on the other side of the room so you have to get up to turn it off, and then get to it! We get to do a ton of sleeping when were dead, so get out there and use all the time you have! Sleep when you need it and don't over do it. You'll find you'll enjoy sleep much more.

    ReplyDelete