Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 20 - the doldrums

I don't know how you guys and girls with kids manage this thing. After taking off work Tuesday to sleep my diet got all out of wack. I've been having trouble staying on schedule, and keep forgetting to drink milk with breakfast and eat my daily cheese. I also got lazy yesterday and bought a pre-cooked turkey breast at the fancy food store. This will provide me with protein for a couple days, but I don't really know how it was prepared. There are some herbs on top, but for all I know prior to roasting it could of been coated in salt. Tastes fine though. Anyway, after lazing about Tuesday I did my workout at about 4pm. Then I stayed up till midnight working on stuff for school. I've gotten myself in a bit of a pickle with paperwork and deadlines and just felt like I needed to get it taken care of. So for the past two days I've worked out at night. This morning I woke up intending to workout, but ended up sleeping in again. So I'll be jumping rope at night, which I don't like because then I'm not eating dinner until after 8pm and my snack soon after. Classes start next Tuesday and I'm at this point where my enthusiasm for the PCP has wavered but it isn't yet a natural routine to workout and cook everyday. Am I the only one with this frustration right now? I don't know if it is because I'm not following the diet 100% but I am not getting the energy boost I was expecting, instead I feel worn down a lot of days. Sorry to vent, just wondering if I'm the only one dragging.

4 comments:

  1. I think you're hitting the point that Patrick mentioned in the Day 15 email. Like he said, "Keep your head down and just keep moving."

    I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but I broke my exercise routine up. The strength portion I do first thing in the morning 'cause I have enough time to do it before I go to work (about half and hour or so). The jump rope I do in the evening after I get home from work (another half hour or so).

    The other reason I do the jump rope in the evening is that my knees are killing me. Afterward a session with the rope I have a hard time walking. This way I can collapse without it hindering my job too much.

    That's where my frustration lies. I'm not sure I can survive 90 days of knee pain, especially since I never had any before the program. But I'm going to be a mule and keep on forging ahead. It's got to get better, maybe not today but hopefully tomorrow.

    As for the energy boost, it comes to me in waves. I've been staying on the diet 100%, and for the most part have gotten 8 hours of sleep, but there are moments when the energy is gone and all I want to do is sleep. I think my body is still adjusting to this new life style, and the energy will appear when it's time.

    You're not the only one dragging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I'm dragging a bit these days too, even at Day 51. Though I think it's tied more into my emotions but still ... when it's hard to keep going, it doesn't matter the reason. what matters is you keep going.

    Kind of like paying taxes: you got to pay taxes(exercise+food), even though it sucks upfront and at the time you gotta pay, so you can reap the benefits (paved roads, police, recycling programs, library) and then before you know it, hey ... nice little place (body) you got here. And that folks is my lame analogy of the day. Your welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit too early for the mega-energy boost. You're still laying the groundwork. Take comfort in the small victories and get those grams in man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does appear like a drag at times especially when pushing myself to get the work out done but i can't tell you how good it feels once the work out is over. So I just try to push myself to get things started. Only thing i fear is any kind of injury. Keep at it Mike !!

    ReplyDelete