Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day Three - Monday Morning Motivational Movie!

Got up extra early and knocked the workout to the ground. You suck workout. I kicked your butt! Beefcake BEEFCAKE! Grrrrr!

Okay, really, my legs are all kinds of sore from these squats. Whew. Today I did the j-ropes with no headphones at all and that worked even better.

I'd like to introduce what will be a regular feature here on Peak Condition Project Mike: Monday Morning Motivational Movie! (Alliteration!)

I have 10 or so movies I bookmarked on YouTube. Commercials, little clips, stuff like that to get me going in the morning when I have to workout. I figured on Mondays I would share them with my fellow PCP'ers.

Today's is an oldie but a goodie. Lance and Nike from way back in the Postal Service days. It's the final line "I'm on my bike, busting my ass, six hours a day" that gets me every time, because it's like, yeah I guess I can go workout for an hour.

As you can see in the banner above, Lance is my inspiration on this. As I told the team last week, I don't think there is anyone who has ridden a bike in the past 10 years that hasn't been at least a little inspired by Lance. I know the doping allegations continue to haunt him, and he is an arrogant SOB isn't he. But so was Bob Gibson. Maybe if you're the best you get to be a little cocky. The man is a true badass on a bicycle.

Anyway, enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. I love alliteration! Seriously though I look forward to these motivational clips. Great final line indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beefcake BEEFCAKE...grr!" Love it. And I also super enjoyed "Passenger" by Iggy Pop. I jump roped the heck out of it this morning.

    ReplyDelete