Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day One

Ran into a problem already. So for the first week we're supposed to eat half of what we normally eat. I've been so inconsistent and unobservant about my eating I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to make into half. I decided since I normally eat until I'm stuffed I would solve this by eating until I wasn't hungry any more and stopping. During the week my meals are a little more consistent, but I couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast last Saturday. That's a problem, because it likely was something bad like bacon and I didn't even realize it.

The workout is clearly easing us into this, which is good. Way less intimidating. Did the jump ropes alright, tripped up some, but got through them. Here is a trick that helped me a lot (I know, with a sample size of 1 day), when I listened to music I would try and jump to the beat, get out of rhythm with the rope and catch my foot or something. I caught myself doing that and forwarded through a few times to an audiobook and it went much easier. Going to stick with talking for jumpropes and see if that keeps me going without stumbling.

Hope everyone else is having a good first day!

5 comments:

  1. I read your post early this morning-thanks for helping set the tone for the day..and I am planning to add the music to the whole routine tomorrow. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've already gotten to the heart of what the half-diet means, actually thinking about what you're eating. Good work man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blog did set the tone and good to see we are already identifying with each other's problem. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I should be bacon buddies. I love bacon too. We could send daily messages, "DON'T EAT BACON!" Cool you have Catch-22 on your playlist now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating slowly helped me with the food. I forget how many minutes it takes before your stomach tells your brain that you are full, but concentrating on that help me stop just at the "full" point without getting stuffed.

    Way to go, Mike!

    ReplyDelete