Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day Fünf


Yesterday Anshuman shared with us a video of the Chugach, so thought I would share a picture from next door in the Wrangel - St. Elias. Know what's at the end of that road where the rainbow ends? Peak Motherflipping Condition, that's what.

Wait, no, it's a giant abandoned copper mine.

But imagine it is Peak Condition, and we're all on that path together. Very inspirational, isn't it?

Yesterday, on the way home from work I was starving. I mean, oh man I am going to pass out and crash the car h u n g r y. On day 4, just like Patrick predicted.

So, in an epic feat of rationalizing, I thought to myself "when I feel this way normally I pull into Wendy's and I get two junior bacon cheeseburgers and a coke, half of that equals one junior bacon cheeseburger." So, I got one, without the coke, so technically less than "half".

Now I doubt 4 days in my diet has adapted significantly enough to cause the badness and malaise that overtook me upon finishing that burger. Maybe it was psychosomatic, but whatever it was I need to hold on to that feeling. My gut hurt, my head hurt, my shins hurt. My shins hurt from a 99 cent cheeseburger. I have no explanation.

But I'll not make that mistake again for a while. Should of listened to the right side.

About the workout, Patrick snuck in all kinds of extra stuff today, including 50 extra jumps. S'okay, cranked through and got them done. Did something else I hate doing, I got up at 5:15 and then putzed around the internet watching Tron 2 trailers and Facebooking until 6:00, and had to rush through the workout and then breakfast. Once we start cooking I will have no time for this nonsense, so I need to break that habit in the next few days.

Alright everyone, let's keep walking down that road, woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. We had the same experience ysday-Just about to post now..Can vs. Should! Let's both remember how we felt post the indulgence, and I am thinking my new indulgences should make me feel good/enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, you know why your shins hurt? It was the vegetables on that hamburger. Don't say I didn't warn you. :P

    Nice road! I would totally follow it to Peak Condition.

    ReplyDelete